Skip to content

Old Crescent Grounds

Address

Rossbrien, LimerickGoogle MapsArrow
  • Old Crescent Rugby Football Club (RFC) moved to Rossbrien in 1974 and built its clubhouse on this site in 1985.
  • In 2015, the club doubled the size of its grounds to twenty-five acres by purchasing adjoining lands.
  • It was one of nineteen listed venues for the 19th edition of EVA in 1994, curated by Jan Hoet (b. 1936, Belgium; d. 2014). This was the first year when international artists were invited to take part in the exhibition, selected by an adjudicator/curator.
  • At this venue Marcel Biefer (b. 1959, Switzerland) and Beat Zgraggen (b. 1958, Switzerland) staged a participatory art project called The Game Must Go On (1994). The Game Must Go On was a multi-layered project centred on a rugby match. The project involved working with the Shannon women’s rugby team to change their name to the Shannon Prophets, as well as issuing a number of gender-based prophecies in the printed programme for their match with the Old Crescent women’s team. A ’perpetual’ trophy was also created.

Artwork presented at this venue

Marcel Biefer and Beat Zgraggen, The Game Must Go On, 1994.