Skip to content

The Mill, Glentworth Street

Address

The Mill, Glentworth St, LimerickGoogle MapsArrow
  • This site is the headquarters of Healy Partners Architects. Established in 1990, the architectural practice is most notable for their work on renovations to the Milk Market in 2010.
  • The former mill is located on Glentworth Street in Limerick city centre. The street gets its name from Reverend William Cecil Pery, Bishop of Limerick, who was created Baron Glentworth of Mallow in 1790.
  • This site was one of twenty-six listed venues for the 22nd edition of EVA in 1998, curated by Paul M. O‘Reilly (b. 1934, USA/Ireland) and titled Circus ZZ. This was the first and only edition to be adjudicated by an EVA employee. That year he worked as the director and curator of Limerick City Gallery of Art and administrator of EVA. It was the most expansive in EVA’s history in terms of number of venues and artists up to this point. This edition of EVA also introduced a number of changes to the format of the exhibition, including a change of date from winter to summer.
  • It was one of various different venues where Jonathan Horowitz (b. 1966, USA) exhibited a five-part video series titled Interracial Buddies.

Artwork presented at this venue

Jonathan Horowitz, Interracial Buddies, n.d.