Skip to content

Glen House

Address

Glen House, Glentworth St, LimerickGoogle MapsArrow
  • This commercial property is located on Glentworth Street, which gets its name from Reverend William Cecil Pery, Bishop of Limerick, who was created Baron Glentworth of Mallow in 1790.
  • It served as the original offices for EVA as well as Murray O’Laoire Architects.
  • This building was also one of nineteen listed venues for the 19th edition of EVA in 1994, curated by Jan Hoet (b. 1936, Belgium; d. 2014). This was the first year when international artists were invited to take part in the exhibition, selected by an adjudicator/curator.
  • In 1994, Kathe Burkhart (b. 1958, USA) exhibited a mixed-media installation titled Bill 1978 (The Rack) (1992–93).
  • This site was one of twenty-six listed venues for the 22nd edition of EVA in 1998, curated by Paul M. O‘Reilly (b. 1934, USA/Ireland) and titled Circus ZZ. This was the first and only edition to be adjudicated by an EVA employee. That year he worked as the director and curator of Limerick City Gallery of Art and administrator of EVA. It was the most expansive in EVA’s history in terms of number of venues and artists up to this point. This edition of EVA also introduced a number of changes to the format of the exhibition, including a change of date from winter to summer.
  • Here Daphne Wright (b. 1963, Ireland) exhibited her mixed-media installation Looking for the Home of the Sickness (1991–92).

Artwork presented at this venue

Daphne Wright, Looking for the Home of the Sickness, 1991–92.